Weekly Trend Report
Week Gone By
- In the week ended on Friday, 25 August 2023, the S&P BSE Sensex fell 62.15 points or 0.10% to settle at 64,886.51.
- TheNifty50Index lost 44.35 points or 0.23% to close at 19,265.80.
- The BSE Mid-Cap index gained 1.5% to end at 30,717.91.
- The BSE Small-Cap index added 2.19% to close at 36,055.96
- India is scheduled to announce its second-quarter YoY GDP growth rate on 31st Aug 2023. On the same day,
- India will also reveal the Infrastructure output data for July.
- Overseas, US JOLTs Job Opening data for July is scheduled to be released on 29th Aug 2023.
- China NBS Manufacturing PMI data for August will be announced on 31st Aug 2023
The benchmark index opened in green, marked the weekly high at 19584, and succumbed to selling pressure tracking weak global
cues following which it pared 318 points. The index closed in red on relatively higher volume, however, above the previous week’s low. With this, the index dragged its resistance lower to 19500. The VIX expanded its weekly range to 2.36 points, however, it closed flat. On the derivate front, the strikes of 19000 and 19200 witnessed the highest addition of put open interest and the zone is reckoned to act as strong support going forward.
To view the detailed report click on the Download Report link below