Weekly Trend Report
Week Gone By
- In the week ended on Friday, 13 October 2023, the S&P BSE Sensex rose 287.11 points or 0.44% to settle at 66,282.74. The Nifty 50 index added 97.55 points or 0.50% to close at 19,751.05.
- The BSE Mid-Cap index rose 0.71% to end at 32,305.62.
- The BSE Small-Cap index gained 0.86% to close at 38,184.83.
- India’s inflation based on wholesale price index (WPI) for September will be declared on 16 October 2023.
- Bajaj Finance, L&T Technology Services, Bajaj Auto, IndusInd Bank, LTIMindtree, Wipro, Hindustan Unilever, ITC, Nestle India, UltraTech Cement will be unveiling their Q2FY24 results in the coming week.
- Overseas, China’s GDP for Q3 will be unveiled on 18 October 2023, accompanied by the industrial production and retail sales figures for September.
- The US Retail Sales data for September will be announced on 17 October 2023.
The 50 index opened under selling pressure owning to the Israel-Hamas war, however, the index managed to pull higher amidst the pullback rally. The upside remained capped ahead of the 38.2% retracement level of its prior swing high and low while the VIX surged 3.8% during the week. The consecutive gap-down areas in the last throwback rally from the life-highs are anticipated to act as stronger resistance zone. It will be crucial that these gaps be decisively filled and reclaimed to attract bullish strength.
To view the detailed report click on the Download Report link below